5s Floor Marking Guide for Lean Manufacturing a Mighty Line Floor Tape Guide from ShieldMark, Inc. Home Of Mighty Line Floor Tape
- THE MIGHTY LINE GUIDE TO A SAFE AND EFFICIENT WORKPLACE
- 2. Our Floor Tapes,Floor Signs and 5S approach will yield measurable results. The more clarity, logic and clear communication you can bring to a workplace environment, the more safely and efficiently it will operate. Using Mighty Line products, in conjunction with a 5S organizational method, will result in tasks being completed more easily and quickly, and a decrease in workplace injuries. Sowheredoyoustart? Start with a plan. Think about what items you need most often, and which are unnecessary. Which items should be nearer to each other? Which should be closer to the shipping area? Mark everything. Where should that trash can always stay? Mark it. Become a neutral observer and walk through your facility — where are the most likely collision points? Which passageways tend to get blocked? What are the safety hazards? Document and store your plan. Consider taking photographs of the layout and flow lines, etc. Conduct an annual review of the plan and revise and correct as needed. THE MIGHTY LINE GUIDE TO A SAFE AND EFFICIENT WORKPLACE SUSTAIN These practices are more than rules–they must become an integral part of your company culture. Over time you’ll adjust signs, markings, etc. as necessary. STANDARDIZE Ensure everyone knows what they’re supposed to do, how best to do it, and when to do it, until it all becomes routine. Our floor tapes, floor signs and placement markers can play a big role here. SHINE When you keep things scrubbed, swept and sanitized, your environment can actually lift morale. SET IN ORDER Use colors of Mighty Line floor tapes and floor markers to show work flow patterns, delineate work areas, and mark proper placement of tools, inventories, and machinery. SORT Leave in place only the items necessary to obtain optimal production. THE BASIC 5S STEPS:
- 3. COMMON USES OF MIGHTY LINE FLOOR TAPES AND SIGNS AS PART OF A PLAN Mighty Line carries all the products you need to implement the 5S method at your facility.
- 4. MightLineColorrecommendationsare basedonindustrycommonpractice. Mighty Line can help you implement a custom 5S system at your facility. THE MIGHTY LINE 5S FLOOR TAPE COLOR RECOMMENDATIONS BLACK BLUE ORANGE GREEN WHITE RED YELLOW YELLOW WITH BLACK DIAGONALS WHITE WITH RED DIAGONALS Use to signify safe paths for walking For dangerous areas, emergency exit areas Production equipment: machines, carts, incoming racks Safety-related areas: eye wash stations, safety showers etc. Machinery parts areas Works in progress/equipment under repair zones Finished goods area Extra caution walkways Safety equipment areas: Fire extinguishers, electrical panels, AED machines, etc.
- 5. Stay Safe.Stay Efficient.Stay OSHA Compliant. OSHA mandates that employees’ walkways and work areas be clearly marked — and the penalties are hefty. But even without OSHA, you have plenty of incentive to use Mighty Line Floor Tapes and Floor Signs: safety, efficiency, productivity, and ultimately, profitability. MightyLineFloorSigns Signs are important in places where detailed information is necessary. Below are some of our most requested signs—and we’ll custom-make signs for your particular needs. FLOOR TAPE & FLOOR SIGN INSTALLATION TIPS: Ensure installation area is clean and dry, and floor is above 50ºF. Adhere an edge of floor tape/ sign to floor and remove the adhesive backing as the tape/ sign is stuck to the floor. As you go, work out air bubbles from under the sign. MIGHTY LINE FLOOR SIGNS KEEP THE SPACE SAFE
- 6. 800-714-9980 FAX 440-220-4381 email@example.com http://www.mightylinetape.com ShieldMark, Inc. 20228 Detroit Road, Rocky River, OH 44116 ©2016 Shieldmark, Inc. Mighty Line Tape is a brand of Shieldmark, Inc. MIGHTY LINE. THE ONLY DURABLE STRIPE.